Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mixed Fortunes

This blog was supposed to be a rundown of my first triathlon for the season but things didn’t quite run as smoothly as expected.  On the upside training has been going great and things are well and truly on track for a great performance at Noosa in 2 weeks time but any opportunity to fine tune my preparations in a race situation were lost due to a bit of misfortune on my way to the race.

On route to Raby Bay (which is only about a 45min drive from home) I had a slight car malfunction that resulted in my beloved car needing to be towed and being a Sunday is currently sitting outside the tyre shop until I can get down there when they open to assess the cost of any damage.  To say I was and still am upset and disappointed to have missed the race would be an understatement but as someone did tell me at least I didn’t crash or injure myself in the process. 


Full credit must go to all of my training partners who raced and did extremely well with Brayden Tucker finishing 3rd, Luke Farrell finishing 11th, Bonnie Atherton finishing 2nd and Holly Grice finishing 3rd, all in the open category and I only wish I could’ve been there to see how well they did, let alone be in the race myself. 


Personally, it means that Noosa will be my next race and carrying the confidence that I have in my training of late I am looking for a high finish and to improve on my 16th place in the elite category from last year.  The race again looks to have attracted a stellar field of professionals that seems to be getting bigger each and every year of late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites